Saturday, September 4, 2010

Again at home

After spending almost all of last week at a Young Life camp in FL, we are home again and I am always reminded ow much I LOVE our house. We are so excited that college football has begun and are currently watching the Irish beat Purdue. We had a blast going with Daddy to camp and then a HUGE treat for me, I got to stay for a women's weekend with Maggie and Chris took MaryCate home. It was my first time away from MC, aside form going to the hospital to have Maggie, so it was a lot more relaxing. In classic Young Life style, the weekend was hilarious and a ton of fun. Got to see lots of friends from all over the state and enjoy the beautiful property. Also really enjoyed being with just MAGS----I think she liked it too.

We are busy getting ready for fall to start. MaryCate is still in therapy 2 days a week, we go to Bible study on Tuesday morning and she is going to take music again on Friday mornings, so we should stay busy.

I had a wonderful birthday at camp and simply enjoyed being with my girls and my husband. My in-laws got me bedding for our King Size bed, which we have had since I was pregnant with Mags. I had been waiting for it to go on sale so I could begin buying it in pieces one at a time, (side note, prior to getting the bed I did not realize how expensive bedding for a king side bed would be) and they surprised me with it all----such a treat and great surprise.

The girls have been a ton of fun lately. MaryCate's vocabulary has exploded and she is talking non-stop. Maggie is beginning to have a personality of her own and some of my favorite times are when MaryCate can get Maggie laughing really hard. I cannot wait to watch the 2 of them grow up together. My only complaint lately is managing diaper bags. We are at church 3 times a week and when we are there, they are in seperate rooms, so I need a seperate diaper bag for each of them. When we are not at church I do not want to go around with 2, so I switch to 1. Problem becomes when I have both sets of diapers in one of the bags or sets of clothes. Last week Maggie came home in one of MC's outfints (not super suprising, but it fit her pretty well) and MC had a pretty small diaper on. I had to laugh. I also recently obsrved the amount of wipes I need to have. Since the mess up I have switched to 2 small sipaer bags that fit in one bag that I take to church and then I use my other diaper bag when I am out other places. therfore I need a set of wipes for Maggie's bag, MC's bag, their joint bag, wipes on the changing table where I change MC and then a set in our room where I change Mags when she wakes up. That is 5 packs of wipes---rediculous but worth it to ensure they always have clean tushy's!!

That is all I got for now. I may post a video of MC later, reading some of her favorite books, until then enjoy the pics

2 weeks ago was Irish Fest in Milwaukee, which we love. We were sad to miss it so in honor of it we dressed the girls in their shamrocks for church
MC going in for the kiss
My new bedding
MaryCate got a tea set from my good friend Tonya---SHE IS LOVING IT
Cheers
Our friend, Savannah Shontere, played in her 1st JV Volleyball game for BCS, and it was in Fort Myers. We had a blast watching her with the girls, they loved it!
MaryCate in her new halter top dress
This picture scares me a bit----I think she already knows how to "work it"
Both girls in their Halters----Love Maggie's Smile
My sweet babies

.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hey Brigit Just a thought, but I got Stella a little backpack that she can carry by herself. She gets to feel like a big girl and I don't have to carry two bags. Just have to remember to have Stella get hers! It's pretty convenient, and is only a problem when I'm too lazy to go back up stairs to get it!

Becky said...

I remember having diaper bag issues, too. I was super close to inventing something because of it. Your idea of two small bags in one larger bag sounds pretty good, though. Glad you guys had a great time at YL.