I never thought I would utter those words, but I said that loud and clear to Chris on Monday this week. We attempted a 3 day boot camp potty training program for MC on Sat. Sun and Monday----and now we keep saying "we will never get those 3 days back." It was AWFUL. My first sign of failure probably should have been the fact that the smallest undies---2T---were a bit saggy on my sweet little girl. I do think she is beginning to grasp the concept, but the premise behind the program and the teaching tools were not best suited for MaryCate. I do believe it can be great for some kids, but not for mine, at least not now. Both Chris and I said we are fine if she is sitll in diapers at 5, so long as we never have to go though that again.
We continue to do our best to stay cool in the hot and humidity that defines the FL summer. All is well and the girls are doing great. Maggie is such a joy. She is laughing a TON now and is about ready to roll over. I love when I get to spend one on one time with her----either late at night when MC is sleeping or during MaryCate's nap. I forgot how amazing they think you are at that age----it's a great ego boost to just have to look at her and get the biggest smile. I am still nursing and am going to do my best to stick with it, but am not sure how long I will make it. I have struggled with some infections and some days it seems like it would take so much stress off if I went to formula. She does still get some supplements since I am unable to produce what she needs, but I also know how good it is for her to get the majority from me if possible.
MaryCate has been so fun lately. Her vocabulary is so good and she is constantly cracking us up. She picks up on things so quickly and always impresses us. We were driving to church the other day and her and Maggie were in the back seat. Maggie sneezed and we overheard MC say "Bless you Maggie"----Chris and I looked and each other and just cracked up. We had never taught her anything like that. Tonight we sat down for supper and she looked at both of us grabbed our hands and said "pray." She LOVED saying AMEN at the end of the prayer. Needless to say we are having a ton of fun with her.
On a more serious note, when we got back from WI I made an appointment with a dermatologist to get a few spots looked at, that came up while I was pregnant with Maggie. Ironically they were nothing, but the dermatologist found a different spot that he was concerned about and had it sent off for some testing. Long Story short, it was skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma. They removed it today and it should heal up with no other issue. I just have to be sure and go in for scans every six months to be sure they get any more that I might have and of course continue to wear plenty of sunscreen!!!
I have been horrible at picture taking but MC was wearing the sweetest outfit today and I tried to get some fun pics----they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped but I included them anyway! I will try to be better in the next couple of days to get some newer pictures up!!
I just found this picture and got a kick out of it!

This is TRUE bedhead
I cannot get this 2 year old to sit still-----it baffles me
Here she is coming after the camera
The picture does not do justice to how stinking cute this outfit is
1 comment:
glad to have you all back in the fort. looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Post a Comment