Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MaryCate turns 2!!!l

We are all recovering from ELMO madness!!! MaryCate turned 2 on June 4th---last Friday and we had an ELMO birthday party on Saturday to help her celebrate. The only problem is that when you asked MaryCate whose birthday it was---she enthusiastically replied and still replies "ELMO." Oh well.

MC got a lot of outdoor toys from her grandparents. Our original plan was to have them all set up for the kids to play in and enjoy being outside. Well, everything was set up---her sandbox, a ball pit---that doubles as a swimming pool, and a small bounce house---but the heat kept most people inside, which was fine. We really didn't even want to be out there---can't tell you how ready I am to get up north for a few weeks---really hoping for some cooler weather.

Let me tell you, planning and setting up for a party is not what it used to be. I mean, that used to be my full time job...planning parties, and after Saturday you would never know it. For one, on Friday I made a list of things to do in the morning and afternoon. What a joke---by noon I had one of five things crossed off my MORNING list and I thought, I am in for it. I tend to forget trying to pack that much in while chasing a toddler and having to feed a newborn doesn't really fly. Then we get to Saturday and I think I am set----as everyone is getting their food someone asks if I have forks for the beans----OOOOPS---could not believe I forgot.....and we had cake later too. Lucky for me we had some left from basketball dinners, and we pulled out our own silverware. I could not believe I let something so simple slip. All that to say I think it was a success. MC had fun if nothing else and it was great to get together with some friends here in Fort Myers. I am always up for a good party!!

In Maggie news, she is SMILING!!! I am so thrilled. It is quite funny though, because I noticed it about a week ago and thought to myself "I know this is not gas---she must be REALLY advanced." I soon realized that it is totally normal and just because MC did not really smile until about 6 months, doesn't mean my other child will follow suit. Let me tell you this is a much bigger learning curve for me than most, but I am LOVING it. She is also starting to coo a little, which I find quite cute and funny. MC had partial paralysis in one of her vocal cords and did not make much noise until about 5-6 months. I actually remember the conversation with the ENT, and almost crying asking him "does that mean she may never talk....because I am her mom and I LOVE to talk"---to which he replied of course not, she may just have a raspy voice. I can remember praying for her to cry. Well she now has anything but a raspy voice and can talk with the best of them---her mother!! Mags is still sleeping like a champ and such a well behaved baby, I am truly so blessed. Enjoy the pictures from the party!!

MC's friend Cora came down from Sarasota for her party. They spent the night on Friday and here is MC and Cora taking care of Maggie

Cora leading the way----can you tell that MaryCate is 10 months older
MC picking up one of the balls from the ball pit----isn't our grass awesome
Brett---one of MC's very best friends from church----his family was a HUGE help in putting the party together, we never could have done it without them
Maggie with Megan Jynella----a Young Life family
MC at her new picnic table/sandbox
MC with her cake---not so sure about the candle??
All she wanted was the Elmo topper
which of course had some sweet stuff on it!!
Opening gifts---loving the sunglasses, perfect for this hot weather
An Elmo book for the bathtub---SERIOUSLY?? we cannot get away from him
The BIG KAHUNA----an Elmo backpack
After the party, the Price's who also drove down from Bradenton, stuck around and swam in MC's new pool
Rub a dub dub
Reid taking his turn at holding Maggie
This spells trouble-----Lana at one point said to Heather---"you look away and I will hold the baby"
They are both 2
This is a picture from today---the heat index here was 101====so we set up the bounce house inside, welcome to FL
Side view of a coat MC got from our good friend Chris who served in the Army with Auntie Trista---it is so FREAKIN cute and MaryCate is obsessed with it, gets totally mad at me when I make her take it off to go outside. I am hoping it will fit at Christmas
Front view

No comments: