Thursday, May 20, 2010

NO pics---but lots of WORDS

I do not have any pics to post, but I have a few minutes---hopefully---and thought I should catch up on my blogging. All has been well here. I am 4 days into my first week alone and it has gone great. To be honest the girls make it easy. Maggie is an incredible baby. She has slept through the night the past 3 nights---we'll see if it lasts?? A girl can hope right? The funny thing is that I am mostly stressed about it because I get nervous she is not getting enough to eat and will not gain enough weight---this is what having a preemie will do to you.

When I take MC to therapy it works out great because she goes back and I get the time to nurse Maggie in peace. Nursing Maggie with MC around is not awful, but it is no walk in the park. There have been a few tough nights. For instance last night I thought I would take them to Young Life---it was the last club of the year and was starting early. We got there and stayed only about 1/2 an hour, but when we got home MC was sooooo tired and I had to nurse Maggie 1st. It was a complete comedy in our household for about an hour, but then they were both settled down and sleeping by the time my BALD husband got home. That's right---he promised the kids if they could get 65 kids at club he would shave his head. There were over 100 there. I will post a picture later. I am not too wild about it, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be.
In other news we got a potty for MaryCate. She is OBSESSED with it and loves to sit on it. I thought we might attempt potty training but then we looked over our summer schedule I thought I better to wait till August. We will be in and out of the car a lot and I am not stopping every time she has to go potty---we'll never get anywhere.

Speaking of summer, I am looking so forward to traveling. We are headed 1st to Lynchburg, VA. Chris has to take a week long intensive class to finish off his masters, and we need to be on campus. I am leaving (hopefully with Auntie Trista) on June 18th to drive. Chris is going to stay here and do a basketball camp. We will take a few days to drive and Chris will fly in Sunday the 20th at night. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and taking the girls around to some of the beautiful parks in VA. We will stay there through the 27th and then begin the trek to Wisconsin. Chris will stay with us there, visiting my family and lots of friends through the 5th of July. We cannot wait to be there for the 4th. MC is sure to have a blast with her cousins. I will stay since Chris will be coming home only to head out to Young Life Camp a week later. He is at camp from July 10-18. I plan on driving back, with my cousin Maggie in tote to help with the kids a bit. We will drive back to FL, leaving on the 18th or 19th, taking our time and visiting our cousin Katie who will be in Charlotte along the way. Maggie will then stay with us for the remainder of the week and fly back!! We are back just in time for MC and I to take another round of parent/child swimming lessons. We did this last summer but she was not able to do that much, so I think it would really benefit her to try again. And before you know it, fall will be here!! Should be a crazy, busy, but VERY FUN summer. OK, seems like the girls are beginning to stir so I better sign off for now. Sorry there are no pics, I will post more soon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Come on guys you're leaving us hanging! We need to see pictures of Chris and his bald head!