Not much is new around here. Basketball season has come to an end and we are enjoying some sweet time with Daddy now that he is not as busy. MC is still very much enjoying school and Maggie and I still go to Music class once a week which she absolutely LOVES. I recently started watching a new little 4 month old, to help a friend out and so that has been fun for ALL of us. I LOVE having a baby around and the girls are in heaven. Baby Margot's mom works with Chris so it will be nice to get a break when Chris has breaks and also gives me summers off as well.
Last weekend Chris and I were able to sneak away for a fun trip to NYC. It was a x-mas/anniversary/valentines day gift for each other and boy was it worth it. You have to understand what a big deal this is. I absolutely LOVE the city. Chris HATES it. When we got married, he made it clear I could go with anyone, but he would probably not ever join me. All that to say I was shocked when he told me about the plan. I was told we were going there because we had some good friends that lived there and that was the only way that we could really afford it. Chris had gotten us tickets to see the musical Wicked and then we would spend the rest of the weekend with them. I was thrilled----long story short in the end we actually were able to spend the entire weekend staying at a hotel in the middle of Times Square....it was amazing---thanks to our friends brother who made a surprise visit and then did not want to have to book seperate hotel rooms for him and his fiance---so we REALLY lucked out, not to mention that Chris's amazing sister paid for our 2nd night to stay there, just so we could really kick back and relax---oh and she watched our kids for us all weekend----yea, she's pretty amazing and you all should be jealous!! We had ample amount of time on our own, time with our friends blue and kristin, and time around the city. It was a perfect little get away and just what we needed. Wicked was amazing, the food was great, we visited the 9/11 memorial which was breathtaking and even got a little shopping in at FAO shwartz and some fun places on 5th avenue. I am so thankful for his thoughtfulness and the generosity of others that made it possible for us to go there.
On another note, I have grown into the LOVE of baking cupcakes. So much actually that I am considering making somewhat lucrative at some point. Not sure how much we have shared on the blog about adopting, but it has been something we have been prayerfully considering for a while now. We are in the process of looking at a number of different ways to go about it, and we are being patient in figuring that all out. We have a heart for Cambodia and would love to bring some sweet little girls from there into our home. We also have taken classes to foster and would consider going down that road if the opportunity ever presented itself. All that to say, if we are in a position where we have to raise money to afford the process, I am looking into baking cupcakes as an option. We will see where it all leads----but let me tell you, it may pay to move into my neighborhood right now, because I am always in need of taste testers, and I can't have all of these sitting in my house, so I am forced to give them away!!
Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to.
Here are the girls on VAlentines day with their fun little purses they got from
AUNT
MAD-A-LYN
For Valentines Day MC and I made strawberry Jam for our neighbors, here she is helping squeeze some lemon juice----that Juicer came straight from BOB SHEA----anyone else have one?? :)
MC mashing up the strawberries
If you could have seen her delivering them, it was SOOO sweet, she would walk up to each door and very sweetly say "Happy Valentines Day"
This is about 1 week old and I wish I would have taken it sooner so you could see how bad it actually was, but she got quite the shiner from falling out of her chair one night, nothing like natural consequences
Just had to put this on for the curls.....they are UNREAL some days
So our Christmas with the Wells was put off because we could not get any dates to work, so here we are Feb. 25th getting our Christmas on
Dance party in our living room
A little ring around the rosy
Cora getting her groove on in MC's boots

Such sweet friends
So our neighbors from 2 houses down just moved a few weeks ago===and before they moved I asked if they would be selling their swing set....they proceeded to tell me that if I wanted to take it apart and haul it down, it was mine to keep. twist my arm----needless to say we, esp. the kids, are thrilled with our new toy, such a treat and the kids play on it non-stop
My dad recently found all of my old strawberry shortcake dolls...I totally used to collect them. He was going to pitch them and I threatened him...needless to say he said fine but then threw them in the mail for me to deal with
Let's just say that the girls think they have died and gone to heaven
They might not take great care of them but.......
They sure do LOVE THEM
....so don't you dare try to take them away
I can often find them rocking them to sleep in their house outside
Introducing-----BABY MARGOT...couldn't you just eat her up
Both of them
MC reading her one of her very favorite books----5 green and speckled frogs, a gift from cousin CURT-DOG when Maggie was born
She loves to help mommy out
1 comment:
I didn't know ya'll were thinking about adoption. Well I for one would absolutely suggest foster care! :) If you have any questions about it, let me know. And I am sure my parent would talk to you to if you wanted more input! :)
Post a Comment