There are so many reasons I hate waiting so long to blog. Mostly because I end up continuing to put it off, since it feels like it will take so long. Well with the NBA finals in full force, I have had a little time on my hands, so here we go.
This post may not be as entertaining but I think there are a lot of headlines to fill those in who take time to read about our sweet little family. First of all, a few weeks ago our Auntie Trista graduated from Stetson Law School. We are all so proud of her and she has entered the hole of studying for the Florida BAR, so we are hoping to see her in August at some point. She has worked so hard to get to this point, and we are excited to see what life has for her next----it is always a little fun to live vicariously through her as she sets out to change the world.
After that we had a really relaxing Memorial Day weekend. We stayed home and enjoyed family and Fort Myers. We always seem to be running around and so it was nice to have a three day weekend to relax and begin to get ready for what was around the corner.
This is where the big news comes in. Part of why I have also been avoiding the blog, is that we have had so much to report on, but a lot of it was not public information yet. We knew a few months back that Young Life in Fort Myers was struggling financially. Chris was well aware that he may not have a job come the fall. This being said we began to look at what our other options might be. To make a long story short after some interviews and a lot of praying on where God would take us next------we are MOVING BACK TO BRADENTON. We are sad to be leaving here as we have just really started to make some great connections. We LOVE our church family and have begun to do so much and get so involved but this was an opportunity we could not pass up.
So what is Chris doing---this gets even better-----the job that Chris had when we were first married----a PE teacher at St. Stephen Episcopol School and head varsity boys basketball coach opened up about a month ago. It is crazy how it all fell into place but after being back there he is SOOOOOO excited about it. We love the St. Stephens Family and have missed them so much. We feel good about the move because although it is a change we do not feel like we are starting over. We have family and GREAT friends and community there. So here goes the next chapter.
One of the fun things about this is that MaryCate will be going to Chris's school next year. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited she is. The 3 yr old class is called fledglings and when you ask her what she will be next year that is what she says. She then goes onto say that she will say "goooooooo Falcons." and already knows her teachers name. I think I will start by sending her 2 days a week for 1/2 day and we will go from there. It will be nice to have some time with just Maggie and begin to get reacclamated to Bradenton. WE LOVE Bradenton and are hoping that this is a FOREVER move!! You never know though (Chris would kill me if he knew I typed that, but he never reads this thing)
Speaking of 3 year olds, that is another development, MC turned 3 last week. I only have 2 pics at the bottom from her b-day downloaded so far, so I will post more later, but her party was a ton of fun and she had a great day. Grandma Mary flew in for the weekend from Wisconsin, and a ton of other friends and family came to see her. We did her party at a Music place where she has been taking a class-----Chris actually won the party so it was free and I think all the kids had a blast, especially MC. She was appropriately spoiled to the point that I took a few of her gifts we got her back, because one girl does not need as much as she was given, but she of course thought it was GREAT. With her 3rd birthday came the end of therapy which was a HUGE milestone for us. She has been getting ot, pt, and speech since she was in the NICU and when they tested her for the school system she did not qualify---which is great news, it means she is age appropriate in most of the skills. We are so proud of her and amazed at how far she has come. They did encourage me to send her to school just to help keep her engaged and challenged and so that is why we are going to do that next year.
I think that is about all for now. We obviously have a CRAZY summer ahead. The house is on the market and I am pleading with God that it would sell in 3 weeks----we'll see how that goes. We are looking for a home in our price range and neighborhood we want to live in, in Bradenton (again, pleading with God to make this happen) and then will be traveling a bunch. We will spend a month at a Young Life camp at the end of July beginning of Aug. Chris is doing a ton of camps, both basketball and Young Life, in town and out of town and of course we would like to make it to Wisconsin at some point====oh yea, and we have to move....but besides that we may just try to relax at the beach!!! I am stressed out writing about it so I am going to go now and will try to post more pics of MC's b-day in a few days!!
The first few pics are from our weekend in Cocoa Beach with YL
Maggie, relaxing with anyone that would hold her
MaryCate playing on the beach
Casey is a good friend who was on staff in Tallahassee but is moving to NC---we will all miss her, but especially MaryCate
Family Photo
We watched our good friend Brett overnight so his mommy and daddy could enjoy a night away
Best of friends
Auntie Trista getting ready to graduate, we made it just in the nick of time
Mema and Peggy Meador, a dear friend waiting for the ceremony to begin
Mema and Grandad---yes they were all in hats, it was like being at the royal wedding, sort of
Copping a bit of an attitude
There she is folks
CHEESE
Such a big girl with my own glass of water
This would be a lot cuter if Chris's shirt was tucked in, oh well
They have this same picture from when Trista graduated from the University of Hawaii
Auntie Trista with her girls
WE are so proud of our Auntie Trista
The Aloi/Langlois gan
Trista and Michelle
This is where my girls like to hang out, Maggie would be so happy if I would let her sit here all day
Brett and MC heading to the pool on Memorial Day
This girl is learning how to relax from the best of them
All three kids playing in the pool shower
I could just eat her up
Like I said, great at relaxing
Last year on MaryCate's b-day someone lent us this bounce house, they did not want it back and my kids LOVE it, so we haul it out every now and again......Memorial Day was a great day to set it up, SOOOO hot outside so we brought the fun in and set it up in the living room
Even Maggie loved it this time around
Look at all these balls mommy
Our good friend Kristin Kofer came for a visit and she was brave enough to go in with the girls
Everyone loved hanging out with her, especially mommy
This girl knows what to do when she can't reach something
....and she really never stops smiling
Dancing with Brett
He is sooooo funny
first of many birthday photo's
If you look very carefully at this photo you will see the start of something so horrible, that ended fine----you see MC was so excited about blowing out candles on her b-day I thought we should do it a few times, beginning at breakfast----problem is that I usually do not have her hair done by breakfast----you guessed it---her hair lit UP---and not just singed, I mean her head was a flaming----I am shocked my camera still works because after this picture I threw it down and lunged at her to put the fire out with my hand---luckily she was not hurt, just a little scared and forgot about it by the time we lit her real cake----note to self---no more candles unless the ponytails are in!!---this may get me MOM OF THE YEAR
No comments:
Post a Comment