Thought it was high time I add something to this site. I actually had to get a verification code sent to my phone because I had not signed in, in so long. It also took me a while to figure out how to write a new post, but I am finally here. I realize after my last post of pics I promised a follow up summary, which clearly never came. To keep it short we returned from our summer away and the girls started school together, such a treat. We took in a little boy named Phillip in September and he was wonderful. We had him up until the day that we left to go back home to Wisconsin for Christmas and then he went to live with his Grandma. We took a fun trip to North Carolina in the fall and did list of jumping in the leaves, enjoying bonfires and roasting smores, as well well as apple picking!! We had a blast all together! We still see Phillip occasionally as he goes to the daycare that we send our current foster boy to.
Halloween was a blast! MaryCate dressed up as Dorothy and Maggie as Nemo. Phillip was the same little teddy bear that Landon was last year, so fun that we have good friends and neighbors that share things for us to help our foster kids feel loved!! My parents came down for Grandparents day this year which was super special for the girls. They were so proud to have all their grandparents there! This was the same week as thanksgiving so it was fun to have them here for that too!!
Christmas was a whirlwind. We flew home and got to go see Uncle Michael and Aunt Amanda get married. This was a blast. The girls love all things cousins----so any and all time we can spend with as many of them as possible is always good. We got plenty of snow this time around and that made travel a little more tricky, but it made sledding and snowman building GREAT. We took the girls to see Frozen, their second movie and we had no idea what a HUGE part of our life it would become!! Christmas was great and as fun as you can imagine with a 3 and 5 yr old!!
When we got back we took a little over a month of a break from fostering and at the end of Feb took in a little boy named Kaiden. He is wonderful too!! So sweet and the girls are thrilled to be loving him. One of my favorite things is when I am in the back room rocking him to sleep and the girls will sneak back and pull up a chair and help me sing silent night to him. He was 8 months when we got him, and is 10 months now.
We took another great trip to Disney just the four of us, prior to Kaiden coming and had a great time. I think Chris has it down to a science, and we do everything we want and need to do without having to wait in awful lines!! We love it
In other news our Auntie Trista also got married in March and we were thrilled to gain another Uncle!! We love Uncle Justin and have enjoyed welcoming him to the family!! Chris and I got away for a long weekend, this year we just drove over to Orlando which was so relaxing and a ton of fun. We played putt putt golf, ate out and relaxed a TON!! Maggie turned 4 in April and MaryCate got glasses that she only has to wear at school.
We are still unsure of our summer plans as we are not sure where he will be. We are hoping for some fun time in Wisconsin with our family, and a few fun visits from some family down here. I have been trying to soak up every moment of having both girls home in the afternoons, as MaryCate will be in Kindergarten next year and will have to go all day long. we have spent a lot of days out at the beach, going to smoothie king for lunch with friends and cooking together. I sure will miss this time, but know I have made the best of it. That is the short end of what we have been up to. Here are some recent pics, which I know is really the only reason folks look at this thing anymore!!!
Monday, May 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































No comments:
Post a Comment