Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A little bit of this and a little bit of that......

Just looked back and realized I have not posted since Christmas. I guess when I took on three kids, I had no idea how busy I would actually be! Now I am only writing to catch some folks up on where we are at, as I am so out of touch. It has been a whirlwind of a Spring, but all mostly good things.

Chris ended his basketball season better than last season and was/is pleased about where the program is headed. MaryCate finished up her 2nd year as a Fledgling at St. Stephens and although she will miss her wonderful teachers, she is so stinking excited to be "a pre-k'er" as she calls it.

Maggie has been talking about going to school since Christmas and is ready for August to come already! She turned three and is growing up so fast.

Our sweet Landon boy had his birthday with us and grew by leaps and bounds as he learned how to talk more, walk and function like a 2 yr old should.

I got a call in March, from Young Life, asking if I would like to go on assignment out at Frontier Ranch, a Young Life camp in Buena Vista, Colorado. Through a lot of prayer and asking about how it would work with Landon, we decided to take the assignment and knew we would be out here from May 23rd to June 23rd. So that is where we are now.

The night before I got on the plane to come here was the night that we said goodbye to Landon. It was a really tough night for our family, but we knew that it was the right thing to do and the best option for Landon. I still get teared up as I write this, and I miss him terribly, but we knew going on that this was the ultimate goal. And lucky for him he has 2 family members that really wanted him. We are confident in where he is at now and know that he is being loved quite well, but our hearts still miss our first sweet boy/brother. We continue to pray for him and know that God has a special plan for his life.

So the next morning I took off for Colorado and Chris and the girls followed me 2 days later. We are here now and having the time of our lives. It has been a great distraction from focusing on giving Landon back, and we have loved the time together in the mountains as a family. I am serving as one of the head leaders out here, so I get to care for the leaders that bring their kids to camp. It has been fun for me to step back into doing a little with Young Life and Chris has really enjoyed being "staff spouse." He has had some sweet time with the girls and has been so supportive of what I am able to do. I have been pretty busy, but we have managed to find some time to hang out as a family, swim, hike around camp and the girls have loved going to club at night. They think it is hilarious that mommy has to go to meetings every day, but they love being with Daddy. If you want a get a picture of what we are doing and what Young Life camp is all about, here is a link to last weeks video that you can see:

http://scrapbook.younglife.org/playlist/Frontier-Ranch-Week-1-2

The scenery is as amazing as it looks, even moreso. The weather has been chilly, but I have not minded that one single bit.

Chris will be here for 2 more weeks and then the last week he has to go back home and run some basketball camps, as well as VBS at our church. We have a college girl coming out to stay with us and help me take care of the girls for the last week. After the assignment I am going to spend a week in Breckenridge with just the girls. We have some great friends that have offered for us to stay at their place and so my hope is that we can enjoy the quiet after 4 crazy weeks at Young Life camp. From there me and the girls will fly to Wisconsin, to spend a month with my family. Chris will drive there from Bradenton and meet us.

All in all it should be a fun filled summer, with lots of travel!! Our hope is to be back in Bradenton early August, if everything goes according to plan, we shall see. I really wish I had a way to download some pictures of where we are at right now, but I have no computer, very little access to internet and almost no cell signal. Therefore I feel really out of touch and unplugged. In some ways this is aweome, but I also do not want folks to think that we are ignoring them. We are all doing great and looking forward to sharing fun stories when we return.

Last but not least, tomorrow is MaryCate's 5th birthday. I cannont believe it. That sweet little 1 pound wonder has come so far. I still get teary when I think about all we went through to get to where we are at. Sure know that it will be a special day. She continues to remind us that she will be "a whole hand" and then proceeds to tell me that she will always be my baby (we will see how long this lasts, but I am writing it down so that I have it on record). We have some fun stuff planned for her here at camp, and Young Life is so special to her-----she is thrilled to have her birthday here.

That is all I have for now. If I get the chance to post some pictures at some point I will. Here is to hoping that the summer of 2013 is a great one!! 

No comments: