Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I only have to blog 4 times a year right??

So I recognize I am not the world's best blogger....and based on the pictures, it is obvious it has been a while.....I think I added about 60-70. I will not comment on them all, just a  few that need it---and for some reason they uploaded in an awkward order, so they are not chronological at all. 

It would be impossible to do a thorough update here, but life has been great, busy and fun to say the least. We are now foster parents to one of the sweetest little boys you ever did meet, Landon. He is about as sweet as he is difficult though, and he certainly challenges my patience on a daily basis. He is 19 months old now and we have had him for about 2 months. The girls have taken to him really well and he is making lots of progress. We continue to pray for his family in hopes that they will be able to take care of him very soon!! Until then, we will do what we can to love him to death! Our fall has been great, Grandma Mary came in town for a long visit, which was a HUGE help, we went on a trip with some great friends to a cabin in Georgia and Halloween was an absolute hoot!! My girls insisted on both having 2 costumes----one for the morning and one for the afternoon. Basketball season is in full force for Chris and he has his first home game tomorrow night, we cannot wait to go watch his guys play. 

We had a terrific Thanksgiving. Our good friends, the Chien's came over from West Palm Beach and we hosted Chris's family!! We grilled a turkey for the 1st time and it was DELICIOUS!! The weather has been a bit cooler lately, which we all have enjoyed a ton!

We are anxiously awaiting a trip to Wisconsin for Christmas. I leave with the kids on Dec. 19th and Chris will join us on the 22nd. We will stay through the 1st!! If i am honest, it will be long after the new year before I post again, so enjoy the pics for now and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Landon as a Teddy Bear on Halloween

 Mc's 1st costume----a bee

 OUr 1st night with Landon
 Maggie's 1st constume----Dorothy

 MC with the head of school as St. Stephens
 Mags with Daddy----the green lantern

 ...and then for trick or treat----MC the bunny and Maggie the TIGER



 With our neighborhood friends



 MC making sure that Landon is sleeping on the video monitor

 Maggie with Grandma's glasses on




 IN Georgia.....

















 .....and here are the kids----ages 1,2,3,&4























 Lounging in grandma's chair
 Chris and Chein...making sure that they get the recipe right!!
 One of MC's favorite little friends...Stephen Chien!



 Look at these Bums----can you tell football is on!!








 Getting our tree!!!

No comments: